View Single Post
Capp
Poohbah

Capp has no updates.

15 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 15, 2009 at 01:57 PM

zyklonP, hi and welcome!

Congratulations on the year--it's not luck, my friend. It's you doing what you needed and wanted to do. Your gratitude is obvious and that is an absolute necessity for staying clean.

I applaud your honesty about the weed, valium, and alcohol...dangerous combo no matter how you take them.
Using them, though, is akin to still being lost in the hell of addiction.

zyklonP, perhaps you have traded addictions and are now becoming aware of it. Many of us, myself included, are dual-addicted.
I stopped both at the same time, but others tackled them one at a time. Sometimes it's the only way we come to understand addiction encompasses many things.
Taking care of one opens our eyes to the others we have...

I don't know your situation/details, but maybe you could stop the Valium and alcohol first. You may have to wean if you've been consuming them for awhile and the amount has to be considered, too.
Are you in any type of recovery program?

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing, ok?
We Care
I Care

Cap

It would be grand if you start your own thread in the regular addictions forum. It won't get "lost" here so you'll get more replies which means more support...

http://capp.psychcentral.net
Capp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote