View Single Post
TuesdayM

Member Since Dec 2008
Smirk Apr 13, 2009 at 05:08 AM

i came across this post and went to the site you suggested - just wanted to say thank you so much........it resonated on so many levels, in ways that i had never imagined anyone or anything could make an impact on me.

my need for understanding lead me here because i felt i was different, damaged in some ways, but also at the same time, comfortable, accepting and sometimes slightly [secretely] pleased with the relationship i have with myself in my head. i was looking for answers, confirmation, understanding and possibly acceptance of who and what i am, but also not really expecting to find it, and knowing that when i did, i would more than likely withdraw from it - story of my life!

until now i've come across and read many things that i can identify with - addictions, impulse control, attention barriers, anxiety, avoidance......all of which helped in a way to put those aspects of my life in perspective, but i felt that these were all merely side effects to someting else. even looking at the info/symptoms etc of the schizoid personality was a familiar scenario, rather than what i am.

i didn't know exactly what that was, my whole life has been a question mark of who i am and where i fit in [nowhere??], and there are some things i assumed were normal for everyone, so didn't realize quite how NOTnormal i am until i really started looking around.

the site you suggested sounded familiar to me and what i read seemed to fit more comfortably than anything else i have worn in my life. i understand myself so much more, i'm sad for the child i was, i'm proud of who i am, i love who i am, i accept who i am, i'm beginning to know what i am.
TuesdayM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Junerain