advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2019, 06:56 PM   #351
Mountaindewed
Wise Elder
 
Mountaindewed's Avatar
Mountaindewed I like eggs.
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Where the red fern grows.
Posts: 7,891 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
62 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Anxiety Daily Check-In point #6

Because of that late night I posted about on the last page Iíve gotten into the habit of taking my Xanax at 7-9 at night. So I donít feel much anxiety until night now. So I had basically no anxiety today. But right now Iím like kind of meh with my anxiety. But I canít figure out if I cracked the code on how to handle my anxiety since Iíve had 2 good days in a row taking my Xanax before going to bed, or if Iím just too reliant on the Xanax in the first place. I guess what my doctor doesnít know.....
__________________
Squidward: Spongebob! What are you doing in there?
Spongebob: crying my eyes out.
Squidward: Well, hurry up! I gotta cry too!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Mountaindewed is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 07-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #352
Misery Business
Grand Member
Misery Business has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jun 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 750 (SuperPoster!)
240 hugs
given
Default Re: Anxiety Daily Check-In point #6

I am home from the Psych Hospital. This will be my first night at home and am on 2 new medications in addition to my original 2 meds I have been taking so I am feeling confident I am going to have a good night.
Misery Business is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 07-09-2019, 06:47 AM   #353
raging vortex
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison
raging vortex has no updates.
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Location: the asylum
Posts: 27,264 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
2,407 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Anxiety Daily Check-In point #6

less anxious than I was this morning.

I had an issue with one of the online groups I'm on, but I've seen something since that seems to make things a bit more...... okay

let's hope
raging vortex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 07-09-2019, 03:09 PM   #354
Mountaindewed
Wise Elder
 
Mountaindewed's Avatar
Mountaindewed I like eggs.
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Where the red fern grows.
Posts: 7,891 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
62 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Anxiety Daily Check-In point #6

I think my T is catching onto my Xanax problem. Next week she wants to talk to me about other ways I can cope and I didnít even really say anything. I had to fill out paperwork that asked if I was on a Benzo and she read the paper and then she asked me how often I take it and I said every other day when really itís every day. I guess I just hope Iím not taken off it because it really helps with my anxiety.
__________________
Squidward: Spongebob! What are you doing in there?
Spongebob: crying my eyes out.
Squidward: Well, hurry up! I gotta cry too!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Mountaindewed is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 07-10-2019, 05:37 AM   #355
TunedOut
Member
 
TunedOut's Avatar
TunedOut has no updates.
 
Member Since: May 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 221 (SuperPoster!)
584 hugs
given
Default Re: Anxiety Daily Check-In point #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I think my T is catching onto my Xanax problem. Next week she wants to talk to me about other ways I can cope and I didnít even really say anything. I had to fill out paperwork that asked if I was on a Benzo and she read the paper and then she asked me how often I take it and I said every other day when really itís every day. I guess I just hope Iím not taken off it because it really helps with my anxiety.
If they do decide to take you off--it has to be done gradually.

I was taking everyday for a while (2-3 weeks, 1/2 of .5 mg twice a day) because of a stressful issue then when the issue got a bit better and I stopped taking for a couple of days. One morning I felt antsy (skin crawling, couldn't sit still), irritated and just really crappy like I had a hangover. I thought--could it be that I am having withdrawal? I took 1/2 a pill and all those symptoms went away. I am weening myself again (so that I only take 1/2 pill at bedtime 2-4 days a week when I can't get to sleep because I can't stop worrying). They say it is more effective in the long term when you only use it occassionally so you don't build up tolerance. I find Xanax to be a great medication to have for when stressful things that are out of your control happen. None of my psychiatrists have ever questioned my need for them. The one mental health condition that I truly (and obviously to everyone around me) have is generalized anxiety disorder--all the rest of my diagnosis I am unsure about (maybe because they are temporary?) However, I consider Xanax one tool of many to help me cope with my anxiety. I also try to walk, do yoga, relax and distract myself too. I try to reserve the Xanax for when I am at my wit's end.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #356
88Butterfly88
Warrior
 
88Butterfly88's Avatar
88Butterfly88 is fluttering by
 
Member Since: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 46,130 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
9,752 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Anxiety Daily Check-In point #6

Was very anxious today.
88Butterfly88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 07-10-2019, 07:19 PM   #357
made08
Member
 
made08's Avatar
made08 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 196
3 yr Member
82 hugs
given
Default Re: Anxiety Daily Check-In point #6

A bit antsy because i'm worried about something, which I cannot focus in other stuff.
made08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 07-10-2019, 07:21 PM   #358
Misery Business
Grand Member
Misery Business has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jun 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 750 (SuperPoster!)
240 hugs
given
Default Re: Anxiety Daily Check-In point #6

Had a good day today and it was my first therapy day since I was D/C from the hospital.
Misery Business is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 07-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #359
Mountaindewed
Wise Elder
 
Mountaindewed's Avatar
Mountaindewed I like eggs.
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Where the red fern grows.
Posts: 7,891 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
62 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Anxiety Daily Check-In point #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedOut View Post
If they do decide to take you off--it has to be done gradually.

I was taking everyday for a while (2-3 weeks, 1/2 of .5 mg twice a day) because of a stressful issue then when the issue got a bit better and I stopped taking for a couple of days. One morning I felt antsy (skin crawling, couldn't sit still), irritated and just really crappy like I had a hangover. I thought--could it be that I am having withdrawal? I took 1/2 a pill and all those symptoms went away. I am weening myself again (so that I only take 1/2 pill at bedtime 2-4 days a week when I can't get to sleep because I can't stop worrying). They say it is more effective in the long term when you only use it occassionally so you don't build up tolerance. I find Xanax to be a great medication to have for when stressful things that are out of your control happen. None of my psychiatrists have ever questioned my need for them. The one mental health condition that I truly (and obviously to everyone around me) have is generalized anxiety disorder--all the rest of my diagnosis I am unsure about (maybe because they are temporary?) However, I consider Xanax one tool of many to help me cope with my anxiety. I also try to walk, do yoga, relax and distract myself too. I try to reserve the Xanax for when I am at my wit's end.
Thanks I was worrying they would stop it cold turkey. I was thinking of trying 1/2 a tab to see if that would be enough. Itís honestly the only medication that will help for my anxiety and it causes zero side effects.
__________________
Squidward: Spongebob! What are you doing in there?
Spongebob: crying my eyes out.
Squidward: Well, hurry up! I gotta cry too!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Mountaindewed is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 07-12-2019, 03:33 AM   #360
TunedOut
Member
 
TunedOut's Avatar
TunedOut has no updates.
 
Member Since: May 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 221 (SuperPoster!)
584 hugs
given
Default Re: Anxiety Daily Check-In point #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
Thanks I was worrying they would stop it cold turkey. I was thinking of trying 1/2 a tab to see if that would be enough. Itís honestly the only medication that will help for my anxiety and it causes zero side effects.
Yes, it does help and if you don't count that stopping causes awful withdrawal problems then, yes, it causes zero side effects.

I ended up with a bad panic attack on my walk yesterday. Why? My life is going pretty good so I didn't take my Zoloft for two days (It makes me feel great at first when I stop). On day three, a terrible panic attack (took my Zoloft after the walk plus the Xanax) then I couldn't sleep very well last night. I end up taking more Xanax when I cut the Zoloft back (don't like some of the side effects). Everytime I mess with the dose my psych prescribed, it causes problems. Are the problems because I need it for the rest of my life or because it is what my body is used to? When I went on it, I was coping with a stressful relationship issue but now I am coping with that better because of boundaries, self care, etc. Next session with my psychiatrist I plan to ask--do I need to stay on my medications for life? (Based on what I know about what happens when I cut them back). My panic attack yesterday seemed to be 100% physical--cognitively, I was at peace and not worrying about anything. My husband wondered if I was worrying about something subconsciously. I just don't know....
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

advertisement

Psych Central Forums

Psych Central is the leading mental health website, overseen by mental health professionals since 1995.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.
Please read the full disclaimer.