I am so proud of myself - Forums at Psych Central



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2019, 10:52 AM #1
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 613
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 613

8 hugs
given
Default I am so proud of myself

I sat outside for a little over an hour and a half.While it was little chilly it wasn't bad.You should see all of the cats around here.One is pregnant again,Anyway it is so nice to sit outside let the breeze going through my hair.Watch the trains go by.I feel so funny like when I do something like this it is so nice to hear people say they are proud of me.Why should we need approval from what we do?It feels like I am a little girl and I need to hear something nice like they are happy and proud of me.Geez I aint no little girl I guess it stems from when I was a little girl.Some people say that I am brave.I dont think I am.Of course my anxieties were pretty bad this morning but instead of sitting inside feeling sorry for myself I decided it was about time for me to get our of my apt.It is strange I could be really angry and sad but when I go outside the feelings of anger and depression seems to not be so bad.I suppose it could be from the sun.,sounds strange considering about 2 years ago I would hav never gone outside.I do find out being outside helps some with my phobia.Some days I wish someone could take me to the Marina and the park they are the same place I have nobody who could do that.So if you are feeling blue try going outside for just a little while it does help some.It is baby steps.Sometimes I even hate coming back inside
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 04-24-2019, 11:01 AM #2
HappyCrafter's Avatar
HappyCrafter HappyCrafter is online now
I Am Craving FREE!!
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: MO
Posts: 2,373
HappyCrafter HappyCrafter is online now
I Am Craving FREE!!
HappyCrafter's Avatar
HappyCrafter *GASP* I found a MISTAKE in 2nd ed. Setting up 3rd!!!
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: MO
Posts: 2,373 (SuperPoster!)

1 yr Member
3,996 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I am so proud of myself

Good for you!!! I am proud of you and I think you are brave for facing your emotions and doing something that benefitted you!! Well done!!

I love it when my friends tell me they are proud of me and admire my work. That they respect what I am doing. Blows my mind but it puts a day long smile on my face! And when I say that to them? Even better!

It took me a lot of work to get there, to get past the negative and hateful chatter in my head. Please, keep doing what you're doing because it is helping you!
__________________



https://inspirebullystop.com

https://myviciouspsychopathmother.com

https://www.recoveryinbalance.how/p/welcome.html

Health issues: Complex PTSD, Clinical Depression, Brain Damage from Traumatic Amnesia from CA/DV, Learning Disabled, Happily Recovering Alcoholic, and oodles more.
HappyCrafter is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:09 PM #3
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 613
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 613

8 hugs
given
Default Re: I am so proud of myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCrafter View Post
Good for you!!! I am proud of you and I think you are brave for facing your emotions and doing something that benefitted you!! Well done!!

I love it when my friends tell me they are proud of me and admire my work. That they respect what I am doing. Blows my mind but it puts a day long smile on my face! And when I say that to them? Even better!

It took me a lot of work to get there, to get past the negative and hateful chatter in my head. Please, keep doing what you're doing because it is helping you!
I am trying to .
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 04-24-2019, 03:08 PM #4
HappyCrafter's Avatar
HappyCrafter HappyCrafter is online now
I Am Craving FREE!!
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: MO
Posts: 2,373
HappyCrafter HappyCrafter is online now
I Am Craving FREE!!
HappyCrafter's Avatar
HappyCrafter *GASP* I found a MISTAKE in 2nd ed. Setting up 3rd!!!
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: MO
Posts: 2,373 (SuperPoster!)

1 yr Member
3,996 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I am so proud of myself

I hear you!
__________________



https://inspirebullystop.com

https://myviciouspsychopathmother.com

https://www.recoveryinbalance.how/p/welcome.html

Health issues: Complex PTSD, Clinical Depression, Brain Damage from Traumatic Amnesia from CA/DV, Learning Disabled, Happily Recovering Alcoholic, and oodles more.
HappyCrafter is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:00 PM #5
Anonymous52333
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Anonymous52333
Guest
Anonymous52333 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: I am so proud of myself

Reading this made me smile! I am so happy for you! First, I know it was a big step for you...and you choose going outside as a solution to feeling crappy!
WOOHOO!!!
That is so awesome!
Keep it up lady!
You deserve this!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:17 AM #6
sarahsweets's Avatar
sarahsweets sarahsweets is online now
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,976
sarahsweets sarahsweets is online now
Grand Poohbah
sarahsweets's Avatar
sarahsweets Humor is my end game..
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,976 (SuperPoster!)

107 hugs
given
Default Re: I am so proud of myself

You do deserve kudos. Someone without mental illness might not understand how hard it is to get out of bed let alone sit outside. Natural vitamin D is where its at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmascarol View Post
I sat outside for a little over an hour and a half.While it was little chilly it wasn't bad.You should see all of the cats around here.One is pregnant again,Anyway it is so nice to sit outside let the breeze going through my hair.Watch the trains go by.I feel so funny like when I do something like this it is so nice to hear people say they are proud of me.Why should we need approval from what we do?It feels like I am a little girl and I need to hear something nice like they are happy and proud of me.Geez I aint no little girl I guess it stems from when I was a little girl.Some people say that I am brave.I dont think I am.Of course my anxieties were pretty bad this morning but instead of sitting inside feeling sorry for myself I decided it was about time for me to get our of my apt.It is strange I could be really angry and sad but when I go outside the feelings of anger and depression seems to not be so bad.I suppose it could be from the sun.,sounds strange considering about 2 years ago I would hav never gone outside.I do find out being outside helps some with my phobia.Some days I wish someone could take me to the Marina and the park they are the same place I have nobody who could do that.So if you are feeling blue try going outside for just a little while it does help some.It is baby steps.Sometimes I even hate coming back inside
__________________
"I carried a watermelon?"

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:24 AM #7
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 613
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 613

8 hugs
given
Default Re: I am so proud of myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo1934 View Post
Reading this made me smile! I am so happy for you! First, I know it was a big step for you...and you choose going outside as a solution to feeling crappy!
WOOHOO!!!
That is so awesome!
Keep it up lady!
You deserve this!
The other day it started to rain but I just sat out there anyway .I love the smell of fresh rain and beside rain doesnt bother me,it only lasted for a minute.Besides you take a shower so a little bit of rain wont hurt you.I can only imagine what these people would be think,of me like I am crazy.I love the feel of the rain hitting my face and the wind blowing my hair,To bad they cannot bottle outdoor pills,funny just by going outside I feel better.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 04-25-2019, 05:25 AM #8
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 613
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 613

8 hugs
given
Default Re: I am so proud of myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
You do deserve kudos. Someone without mental illness might not understand how hard it is to get out of bed let alone sit outside. Natural vitamin D is where its at!

Thank you.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:21 AM #9
Anonymous52333
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Anonymous52333
Guest
Anonymous52333 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: I am so proud of myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmascarol View Post
The other day it started to rain but I just sat out there anyway .I love the smell of fresh rain and beside rain doesnt bother me,it only lasted for a minute.Besides you take a shower so a little bit of rain wont hurt you.I can only imagine what these people would be think,of me like I am crazy.I love the feel of the rain hitting my face and the wind blowing my hair,To bad they cannot bottle outdoor pills,funny just by going outside I feel better.
It's good to hear you talk this way!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:01 AM #10
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 613
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 613

8 hugs
given
Default Re: I am so proud of myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo1934 View Post
It's good to hear you talk this way!
Thank you ,I actually love it outside I was telling my friend I wish I could put my tv outside,she gave me a big smile.It was her that helped me to go outside,right now it is so beautiful but we are loaded with nats,but I am not going to let Nats keep from going outside,I did get bit by them,nasty bugs
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

advertisement

Psych Central Forums

Psych Central is the leading mental health website, overseen by mental health professionals since 1995.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.
Please read the full disclaimer.