I Feel Bad and I Want to Apologize - Forums at Psych Central



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2019, 11:10 PM #1
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark LiteraryLark is offline
♥Goddess of the Heart♥
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 10,613
LiteraryLark LiteraryLark is offline
♥Goddess of the Heart♥
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark finally on summer break!
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 10,613 (SuperPoster!)

10 yr Member
976 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default I Feel Bad and I Want to Apologize

I feel bad because every time I make a post asking a question, I end up answering my own question and the thread dies right away. It's a bad habit, I know. I feel like I'm polluting PC with pointless threads. A lot of times I just want hugs, and I want to feel like I'm contributing. But I feel like a terrible responder to other's posts, so I feel useless at that. And I really want to do fun threads, but I'm restricted on that too so when I try to post fun stuff it gets overlooked, or no one wants to respond because they're not really that fun. And it's not that I'm not getting the responses I want on my own threads, but I feel ignored sometimes, and I think it's because I post questions I end up answering myself...or no one likes me.
__________________
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

~Timothy 2:15
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 02-10-2019, 01:03 AM #2
Bill3 Bill3 is online now
Wise Elder
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 8,916
Bill3 Bill3 is online now
Wise Elder
Bill3 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 8,916 (SuperPoster!)

10 yr Member
17.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I Feel Bad and I Want to Apologize

You are not polluting PC.

I like you! I think others do as well.

If posting a thread helps you figure out an answer, that’s great! People can read your answers and learn from them.
Bill3 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-10-2019, 04:07 AM #3
Anonymous55879
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Anonymous55879
Guest
Anonymous55879 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: I Feel Bad and I Want to Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteraryLark View Post
I feel bad because every time I make a post asking a question, I end up answering my own question and the thread dies right away. It's a bad habit, I know. I feel like I'm polluting PC with pointless threads. A lot of times I just want hugs, and I want to feel like I'm contributing. But I feel like a terrible responder to other's posts, so I feel useless at that. And I really want to do fun threads, but I'm restricted on that too so when I try to post fun stuff it gets overlooked, or no one wants to respond because they're not really that fun. And it's not that I'm not getting the responses I want on my own threads, but I feel ignored sometimes, and I think it's because I post questions I end up answering myself...or no one likes me.
I have noticed that people respond more to PC threads involving trauma, conflict, bad actors, angst, etc. People also respond to when you are talking about similiar interests. Look at how many responses you got to when your home was burned down. I saw that you created a thread titled something like: What tattoo should I get. I didn't read that one because I have no tattoos and am not planning on getting any. Just not something I am interested in. And I have days I just read a few threads and don't feel that responsive. I check in everyday but try not to spend too much time on here because I just want/need to do other things with my time. Also somedays I am in the mood to post--other days, not so much.

I have read enough of your threads (especially when my username was Mysterious{plus some number I forgot} and Hopingtrying to find you to be extremely likeabe. You seem like an extremely loving daughter, friend and cat guardian.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-10-2019, 04:29 AM #4
MickeyCheeky's Avatar
MickeyCheeky MickeyCheeky is offline
Wise Elder
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 9,623
MickeyCheeky MickeyCheeky is offline
Wise Elder
MickeyCheeky's Avatar
MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 9,623 (SuperPoster!)

2 yr Member
32.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I Feel Bad and I Want to Apologize

No need to apologize, LiteraryLark! There's nothing wrong with posting many threads. Sometimes even just venting can help us! Writing them down may even help us recollect our thoughts and think about them. So the fact that you're able to find a solution by yourself is actually pretty great! It means that you're becoming more and more indipendent. I'm so sorry people aren't replying to your fun threads. Please don't take it too personally. We all love you here! We care about you. Perhaps people just don't know what to say or sometimes they may not even see them at all. I know I certainly miss a lot of threads here as I can't keep track of everything. But that doesn't mean I don't like people here at PC! Keep posting as much as you want. I'm sure replies will come with time. Here's some hugs fro you, I hope that will make you feel better. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. Sending many hugs to you
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-10-2019, 12:19 PM #5
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark LiteraryLark is offline
♥Goddess of the Heart♥
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 10,613
LiteraryLark LiteraryLark is offline
♥Goddess of the Heart♥
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark finally on summer break!
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 10,613 (SuperPoster!)

10 yr Member
976 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I Feel Bad and I Want to Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
You are not polluting PC.

I like you! I think others do as well.

If posting a thread helps you figure out an answer, that’s great! People can read your answers and learn from them.
That's true, I didn't think of that. Thank you!
__________________
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

~Timothy 2:15
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-10-2019, 12:20 PM #6
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark LiteraryLark is offline
♥Goddess of the Heart♥
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 10,613
LiteraryLark LiteraryLark is offline
♥Goddess of the Heart♥
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark finally on summer break!
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 10,613 (SuperPoster!)

10 yr Member
976 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I Feel Bad and I Want to Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowinners View Post
I have noticed that people respond more to PC threads involving trauma, conflict, bad actors, angst, etc. People also respond to when you are talking about similiar interests. Look at how many responses you got to when your home was burned down. I saw that you created a thread titled something like: What tattoo should I get. I didn't read that one because I have no tattoos and am not planning on getting any. Just not something I am interested in. And I have days I just read a few threads and don't feel that responsive. I check in everyday but try not to spend too much time on here because I just want/need to do other things with my time. Also somedays I am in the mood to post--other days, not so much.

I have read enough of your threads (especially when my username was Mysterious{plus some number I forgot} and Hopingtrying to find you to be extremely likeabe. You seem like an extremely loving daughter, friend and cat guardian.
Aw, thank you! I appreciate your input, you make several good points.
__________________
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

~Timothy 2:15
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-10-2019, 12:22 PM #7
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark LiteraryLark is offline
♥Goddess of the Heart♥
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 10,613
LiteraryLark LiteraryLark is offline
♥Goddess of the Heart♥
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark finally on summer break!
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 10,613 (SuperPoster!)

10 yr Member
976 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I Feel Bad and I Want to Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCheeky View Post
No need to apologize, LiteraryLark! There's nothing wrong with posting many threads. Sometimes even just venting can help us! Writing them down may even help us recollect our thoughts and think about them. So the fact that you're able to find a solution by yourself is actually pretty great! It means that you're becoming more and more indipendent. I'm so sorry people aren't replying to your fun threads. Please don't take it too personally. We all love you here! We care about you. Perhaps people just don't know what to say or sometimes they may not even see them at all. I know I certainly miss a lot of threads here as I can't keep track of everything. But that doesn't mean I don't like people here at PC! Keep posting as much as you want. I'm sure replies will come with time. Here's some hugs fro you, I hope that will make you feel better. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. Sending many hugs to you
((MickeyCheeky)) I always appreciate your support; you've been a good friend to me. Thank you!
__________________
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

~Timothy 2:15
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-10-2019, 01:25 PM #8
unaluna's Avatar
unaluna unaluna is online now
Elder Harridan x-hankster
 
Member Since: Jun 2011
Location: Milan/Michigan
Posts: 31,098
unaluna unaluna is online now
Elder Harridan x-hankster
unaluna's Avatar
unaluna - Lee Van Cleef fangirl
 
Member Since: Jun 2011
Location: Milan/Michigan
Posts: 31,098 (SuperPoster!)

8 yr Member
42.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I Feel Bad and I Want to Apologize

I never start threads! When i first started PC, i felt very self-conscious about it. I never felt i needed input on anything that was happening with my t, and when i did ask something here, i really felt like nobody understood me. Which it turns out, nobody does! We joke about it now, but it has also helped me speak more clearly. Use pc the way it suits you.
unaluna is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-10-2019, 02:42 PM #9
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark LiteraryLark is offline
♥Goddess of the Heart♥
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 10,613
LiteraryLark LiteraryLark is offline
♥Goddess of the Heart♥
LiteraryLark's Avatar
LiteraryLark finally on summer break!
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 10,613 (SuperPoster!)

10 yr Member
976 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I Feel Bad and I Want to Apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
I never start threads! When i first started PC, i felt very self-conscious about it. I never felt i needed input on anything that was happening with my t, and when i did ask something here, i really felt like nobody understood me. Which it turns out, nobody does! We joke about it now, but it has also helped me speak more clearly. Use pc the way it suits you.
I always love hearing from you, Una!
__________________
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

~Timothy 2:15
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-10-2019, 03:33 PM #10
Bill3 Bill3 is online now
Wise Elder
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 8,916
Bill3 Bill3 is online now
Wise Elder
Bill3 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 8,916 (SuperPoster!)

10 yr Member
17.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I Feel Bad and I Want to Apologize



Same here!
Bill3 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

advertisement

Psych Central Forums

Psych Central is the leading mental health website, overseen by mental health professionals since 1995.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.
Please read the full disclaimer.