Is there a necessity for us all to be useful.... - Forums at Psych Central



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2019, 12:27 PM #1
Thirty shades's Avatar
Thirty shades Thirty shades is online now
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,913
Thirty shades Thirty shades is online now
Grand Poohbah
Thirty shades's Avatar
Thirty shades Much love to all
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,913 (SuperPoster!)

7,988 hugs
given
Default Is there a necessity for us all to be useful....

Is there a necessity for us all to be useful....

These days I am good for nothing..

Can't work,
In pain most days, physical, mental and emotional....

There are so many people on this planet
Could they not afford us some sympathy...

Why are we not accepted AS IS?
Why are we blamed for being "those kind of people?"
Thirty shades is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-16-2019, 01:14 PM #2
Skeezyks's Avatar
Skeezyks Skeezyks is offline
Apparition
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 17,552
Skeezyks Skeezyks is offline
Apparition
Skeezyks's Avatar
Skeezyks has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 17,552 (SuperPoster!)

3 yr Member
13k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Is there a necessity for us all to be useful....

Well... I don't know. I'm not useful. I could be I suppose. I choose not to be beyond doing the things that need to be done around home... cooking, cleaning, walking the dog, etc. My personal opinion is there is no requirement for a person to be "useful". I just am. That's it. I try not to consume more resources than are required to live comfortably day-to-day. And I stay out of other peoples' way. I really don't want anything to do with people in real life; & I don't give a fig what they think. That's it...
__________________
Speak only if you can improve upon the silence.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-16-2019, 02:16 PM #3
MickeyCheeky's Avatar
MickeyCheeky MickeyCheeky is online now
Wise Elder
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 9,623
MickeyCheeky MickeyCheeky is online now
Wise Elder
MickeyCheeky's Avatar
MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 9,623 (SuperPoster!)

2 yr Member
32.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Is there a necessity for us all to be useful....

I'm so sorry, Thirty shades Please don't be so hard on yoursel. We're all useful here. There's no such thing as an "useless" person. We're all unique and special, and we all bring something to the world. I know you're definitely not useless. You're always so kind and supportive here on PC. You've helped many people, including myself. You're NOT worthless! All the people here on PC are wonderful. Please remember that. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I know it's hard. Please don't give up. Is there anything we can do to help you? Please let us know. Remember that we're here for you if you need it. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this
MickeyCheeky is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-16-2019, 03:01 PM #4
Thirty shades's Avatar
Thirty shades Thirty shades is online now
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,913
Thirty shades Thirty shades is online now
Grand Poohbah
Thirty shades's Avatar
Thirty shades Much love to all
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,913 (SuperPoster!)

7,988 hugs
given
Default Re: Is there a necessity for us all to be useful....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCheeky View Post
I'm so sorry, Thirty shades Please don't be so hard on yoursel. We're all useful here. There's no such thing as an "useless" person. We're all unique and special, and we all bring something to the world. I know you're definitely not useless. You're always so kind and supportive here on PC. You've helped many people, including myself. You're NOT worthless! All the people here on PC are wonderful. Please remember that. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I know it's hard. Please don't give up. Is there anything we can do to help you? Please let us know. Remember that we're here for you if you need it. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this
Thank you Mickey Cheeky and Skeezyks.

I guess my post (I am) asking why the world compels us to be useful and be a part of it. People with serious physical disabilities are accepted for who they are.

We have mental and emotional disabilities but are viewed by society to be responsible for our own health problems. I have often heard the term "those kind of people."

I and I am sure everyone else did not decide to be this way.

Have a good day and people think you are a liar.
A bad day at best you are moody and odd.
A ugly day and you are a complete nuisance and a waste of space. You are using valuable health care resources that a more deserving person could have used.

We are not understood...
Then we get more ill and isolate further...
Thirty shades is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-16-2019, 04:27 PM #5
Skeezyks's Avatar
Skeezyks Skeezyks is offline
Apparition
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 17,552
Skeezyks Skeezyks is offline
Apparition
Skeezyks's Avatar
Skeezyks has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 17,552 (SuperPoster!)

3 yr Member
13k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Is there a necessity for us all to be useful....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty shades View Post
Thank you Mickey Cheeky and Skeezyks.

I guess my post (I am) asking why the world compels us to be useful and be a part of it. People with serious physical disabilities are accepted for who they are.

We have mental and emotional disabilities but are viewed by society to be responsible for our own health problems. I have often heard the term "those kind of people."

I and I am sure everyone else did not decide to be this way.

Have a good day and people think you are a liar.
A bad day at best you are moody and odd.
A ugly day and you are a complete nuisance and a waste of space. You are using valuable health care resources that a more deserving person could have used.

We are not understood...
Then we get more ill and isolate further...
Well... I don't know the answer to this. Perhaps it goes back to the species' earliest development. For many eons anyone who couldn't pull their weight, so to speak, was a burden & perhaps even a potential threat to the tribe. A person with an obvious physical disability would, perhaps, have been given a pass. But you can't see a psychological disability. So it's easier to dismiss it. At least that's what occurs to me. (I'm not very good at these kinds of theoretical conundrums.) But I do agree with your assessment of the way people with psychological disabilities are treated. It's part of why I simply prefer to be left alone.
__________________
Speak only if you can improve upon the silence.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-16-2019, 08:57 PM #6
mote.of.soul's Avatar
mote.of.soul mote.of.soul is offline
Elder
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Location: the antipodes
Posts: 6,430
mote.of.soul mote.of.soul is offline
Elder
mote.of.soul's Avatar
mote.of.soul has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Location: the antipodes
Posts: 6,430 (SuperPoster!)

1 yr Member
9,968 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Is there a necessity for us all to be useful....

Hey Thirty shades,

I think try not to let what society thinks get the better of you please (((Hugs))) - me, as well. We didn't make the world and neither did they, and look at the state of things globally anyway, it's appalling in many respects.
Possible trigger:

So you have to take everything society says with a grain of salt, I believe. I'm quite opinionated like that.

Yes, being useful is a good thing, but, do you do good things in your own way? Even in small ways? Yes, your supportive soul on this site has meant something to me Thirty shades. Small acts of kindness for people & for the animals as well, is plenty.

Let mother nature be the final judge :-)
mote.of.soul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 03:21 AM #7
Thirty shades's Avatar
Thirty shades Thirty shades is online now
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,913
Thirty shades Thirty shades is online now
Grand Poohbah
Thirty shades's Avatar
Thirty shades Much love to all
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,913 (SuperPoster!)

7,988 hugs
given
Default Re: Is there a necessity for us all to be useful....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
Hey Thirty shades,

I think try not to let what society thinks get the better of you please (((Hugs))) - me, as well. We didn't make the world and neither did they, and look at the state of things globally anyway, it's appalling in many respects.
Possible trigger:

So you have to take everything society says with a grain of salt, I believe. I'm quite opinionated like that.

Yes, being useful is a good thing, but, do you do good things in your own way? Even in small ways? Yes, your supportive soul on this site has meant something to me Thirty shades. Small acts of kindness for people & for the animals as well, is plenty.

Let mother nature be the final judge :-)
Thanks mote.of.soul

Much love to you
Thirty shades is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 03:31 AM #8
sarahsweets's Avatar
sarahsweets sarahsweets is offline
Magnate
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,138
sarahsweets sarahsweets is offline
Magnate
sarahsweets's Avatar
sarahsweets Humor is my end game..
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,138 (SuperPoster!)

107 hugs
given
Default Re: Is there a necessity for us all to be useful....

Maybe not useful but definitely with purpose. I think we all need purpose-whatever it means to you.
__________________
"I carried a watermelon?"

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 11:46 AM #9
Fuzzybear's Avatar
Fuzzybear Fuzzybear is offline
Wisest Elder Ever
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Cave.
Posts: 81,261
Fuzzybear Fuzzybear is offline
Wisest Elder Ever
Fuzzybear's Avatar
Fuzzybear has no updates.
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Cave.
Posts: 81,261 (SuperPoster!)

15 yr Member
53.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Is there a necessity for us all to be useful....

__________________
Fuzzybear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 04:21 PM #10
mountainstream mountainstream is offline
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Apr 2008
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,752
mountainstream mountainstream is offline
Grand Poohbah
mountainstream has no updates.
 
Member Since: Apr 2008
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,752

10 yr Member
673 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Is there a necessity for us all to be useful....

mountainstream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

advertisement

Psych Central Forums

Psych Central is the leading mental health website, overseen by mental health professionals since 1995.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.
Please read the full disclaimer.