Why is this happening? Very triggering - Forums at Psych Central



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2019, 09:21 PM #1
Dnester's Avatar
Dnester Dnester is offline
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,512
Dnester Dnester is offline
Grand Poohbah
Dnester's Avatar
Dnester has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,512 (SuperPoster!)

1 yr Member
73 hugs
given
Trig Why is this happening? Very triggering

So I kept a journal of my chatter over the past three days per my therapist request. This is just from today.

1) I dont want go be touched like that
2) I dont want to die
3) I dont want you to stick your finger there
4) I do want to die
5) We were m******* like 5 times
6) I wonder how Ms. I is (when I could have cared less)
7) I dont want to be stabbed in the stomach
And other random nonsense.

Why is this happening to me?
Dnester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 02-16-2019, 10:28 PM #2
amandalouise's Avatar
amandalouise amandalouise is offline
Wise Elder
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 8,270
amandalouise amandalouise is offline
Wise Elder
amandalouise's Avatar
amandalouise has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 8,270 (SuperPoster!)

10 yr Member
772 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Why is this happening? Very triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
So I kept a journal of my chatter over the past three days per my therapist request. This is just from today.

1) I dont want go be touched like that
2) I dont want to die
3) I dont want you to stick your finger there
4) I do want to die
5) We were m******* like 5 times
6) I wonder how Ms. I is (when I could have cared less)
7) I dont want to be stabbed in the stomach
And other random nonsense.

Why is this happening to me?
Im sorry we cant tell you why this is happening to you , only you and your own doctors can say why you are hearing these voices..

What I can tell you is that when I hear these kinds of vices my treatment providers call it normal....

here where I live its normal for people to be thinking each one of these things depending upon the situation.

when its not a completely normal situation then my treatment providers call it psychosis with my bipolar disorder.

why because of reality testing. ...

1 is there someone right now during that thought trying to touch me in the wrong way... nope.

2. am I suicidal when I am thinking about dying if so then its my depression if not then its having delusional thoughts in me.

3. is there someone (a friend or family member) and I standing talking doing a project, cooking or otherwise needing the other person to put their finger some place? if so its normal if not its having delusional thoughts.

4. am I suicidal if not then its a delusional thought if I am its being depressed and suicidal.

5. was I really M******* 5 times if so where is the proof (memory of it and such 5 is a very specific number so there has to be witnesses or proof of some kind, most people who have been abused dont count how many times they are abused. they are thinking of getting away not counting how many times, my own therapist would be asking me what was so significant about those times that made me remember it was 5 times and if I could remember it was 5 times why couldnt I remember anything else, dissociative amnesia is a special kind of forgetfulness where a person has no memory of anything before, during or right after the abuse so if this was me my treatment provider would want to know what was so significant about the number 5 and why if I had dissociative amnesia I could have voices telling me it was 5 times.

6.why am I wondering if I could careless. care less means not wondering at all, dont have an opinion or thought or verbalizing it in any way.

7 is someone right now threatening to stab me in the stomach, if not its a delusion. why because if I had dissociated such a thing there would be medical reports to the fact that it actually happened.

see what I mean.... with dissociation problems reality testing remains intact so look for the reality in each statement. that will tell you whether the problem is part of your dissociation problems or part of your other mental or physical problems.

that said I remember reading somewhere that you have hypochondria. these kinds of thoughts to happen with a friend of mine who is a hypochondriac. with this people do have thoughts of whether they are sick, have mental or physical health problems and sometimes paranoid thoughts and voices.

my suggestion do some reality testing. if you have no medical reports that you have suffered a trauma that included being stabbed, police reports that someone stabbed you and the person went to prison. then you can rest easy its not a dissociative problem. bottom line people who are stabbed may not remember the trauma but such a thing needs medical care and police reports. so its easy to verify whether this is a delusional voices or dissociative.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 11:49 AM #3
Dnester's Avatar
Dnester Dnester is offline
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,512
Dnester Dnester is offline
Grand Poohbah
Dnester's Avatar
Dnester has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,512 (SuperPoster!)

1 yr Member
73 hugs
given
Default Re: Why is this happening? Very triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
Im sorry we cant tell you why this is happening to you , only you and your own doctors can say why you are hearing these voices..

What I can tell you is that when I hear these kinds of vices my treatment providers call it normal....

here where I live its normal for people to be thinking each one of these things depending upon the situation.

when its not a completely normal situation then my treatment providers call it psychosis with my bipolar disorder.

why because of reality testing. ...

1 is there someone right now during that thought trying to touch me in the wrong way... nope.

2. am I suicidal when I am thinking about dying if so then its my depression if not then its having delusional thoughts in me.

3. is there someone (a friend or family member) and I standing talking doing a project, cooking or otherwise needing the other person to put their finger some place? if so its normal if not its having delusional thoughts.

4. am I suicidal if not then its a delusional thought if I am its being depressed and suicidal.

5. was I really M******* 5 times if so where is the proof (memory of it and such 5 is a very specific number so there has to be witnesses or proof of some kind, most people who have been abused dont count how many times they are abused. they are thinking of getting away not counting how many times, my own therapist would be asking me what was so significant about those times that made me remember it was 5 times and if I could remember it was 5 times why couldnt I remember anything else, dissociative amnesia is a special kind of forgetfulness where a person has no memory of anything before, during or right after the abuse so if this was me my treatment provider would want to know what was so significant about the number 5 and why if I had dissociative amnesia I could have voices telling me it was 5 times.

6.why am I wondering if I could careless. care less means not wondering at all, dont have an opinion or thought or verbalizing it in any way.

7 is someone right now threatening to stab me in the stomach, if not its a delusion. why because if I had dissociated such a thing there would be medical reports to the fact that it actually happened.

see what I mean.... with dissociation problems reality testing remains intact so look for the reality in each statement. that will tell you whether the problem is part of your dissociation problems or part of your other mental or physical problems.

that said I remember reading somewhere that you have hypochondria. these kinds of thoughts to happen with a friend of mine who is a hypochondriac. with this people do have thoughts of whether they are sick, have mental or physical health problems and sometimes paranoid thoughts and voices.

my suggestion do some reality testing. if you have no medical reports that you have suffered a trauma that included being stabbed, police reports that someone stabbed you and the person went to prison. then you can rest easy its not a dissociative problem. bottom line people who are stabbed may not remember the trauma but such a thing needs medical care and police reports. so its easy to verify whether this is a delusional voices or dissociative.

Oh, these arent voices. They are thoughts. I do NOT hear voices. Like coming from outside myself.
Dnester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 12:21 PM #4
amandalouise's Avatar
amandalouise amandalouise is offline
Wise Elder
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 8,270
amandalouise amandalouise is offline
Wise Elder
amandalouise's Avatar
amandalouise has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 8,270 (SuperPoster!)

10 yr Member
772 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Why is this happening? Very triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
Oh, these arent voices. They are thoughts. I do NOT hear voices. Like coming from outside myself.
thanks for clarifying your post said they were chatter, so I went on your post saying they are voices.... usually when someone here in my own location says they have chatter they mean voices. I think of it like if someone said to me lets chat on the phone, lets go in the chat room, my alters are chatting / talking to me, to each other. thats what I thought you meant.

now going on the fact that you are now telling me they are thoughts not chatter in the way my location calls chatter, sometimes I have thoughts like this but its not associated with my dissociation, when have thoughts like this my treatment provider calls it psychosis (having paranoia, delusions and hallucinations) with my bipolar disorder

when a relative of mine has these thoughts her treatment provider calls it schizophrenia

my suggestion is contact your treatment provider, they will explain to you what dissociation is, what the symptoms of dissociation are and which of your problems are because of your dissociation and which are because of your hypochondria and other disorders.

another suggestion since with dissociative disorders reality remains intact you might want to post about these thoughts in the schizophrenia or bipolar or other boards that talk about having these kinds of thoughts.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:29 PM #5
MickeyCheeky's Avatar
MickeyCheeky MickeyCheeky is offline
Wise Elder
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 9,441
MickeyCheeky MickeyCheeky is offline
Wise Elder
MickeyCheeky's Avatar
MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 9,441 (SuperPoster!)

2 yr Member
30.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Why is this happening? Very triggering

I'm so sorry, Dnester It seems like you're going through a lot. I'm so sorry. It must be horrible to have these thoughts. Could they be intrusive thoughts? I'd suggest to talk to your Pdoc about this and see how it goes from there. Hopefully he/she will be able to help you. I'm so sorry, I know it's hard. Please don't give up. I hope you'll be able to see your therapist soon. Hopefully she will be able to help you deal with these thoughts you're having. Perhaps that's the reason she asked you to start journaling? Stay strong, Dnester. Stay safe and take care of yourself. If things get bad, call an hotline or go to an hospital and ask for help. We care about you here. We all love you here. I hope you'll feel better soon. Is there anything we can do to help you? Please let us know. Remember that we're here for you if you need it. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 01:30 PM #6
Anonymous48690
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Anonymous48690
Guest
Anonymous48690 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: Why is this happening? Very triggering

[QUOTE=Dnester;6440530]Oh, these arent voices. They are thoughts. I do NOT hear voices. Like coming from outside myself.[/]

There can be a many reasons as to why these thoughts pop in.

Intrusive thoughts, an itty bitty committee, emotional parts, hallucinations, esp, spiritual contact, memories,....

IMHO, voices heard outside the body would be more on the hallucination side.

OSDD where emotional memory parts are speaking out. (which is what they sound like being all one sided...)

My other parts speaks in their own head voice (carry on conversations and make decisions), and being of one mind....it feels like effort for them which feels like effort for me, ergo it can be confused as my thoughts. But the voices themselves are a dead give away.

I canít say whatís with you....but whatís really freaky is looking and seeing things written that you didnít remember writing. That gets me every time. This is pretty much why I find it nerve wracking coming on here and seeing things posted on this account that Iíve no memory off posting myself.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 01:53 PM #7
Dnester's Avatar
Dnester Dnester is offline
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,512
Dnester Dnester is offline
Grand Poohbah
Dnester's Avatar
Dnester has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,512 (SuperPoster!)

1 yr Member
73 hugs
given
Default Re: Why is this happening? Very triggering

I dont know what they are but what I can tell you is they are annoying. They are always so random. So far today I have only had one at that was "Thorne, I dont want you to get touched" Thorne is a possible alter I named 12 years ago. I have just been jotting them down like my therapist said too. On Wed. I will ask her more about it. She said journaling would help her feather out everything. She also told me when someone has alot of symptoms of various disorders a person is likely to have an attachment disorder. That was her response when I asked her how one person could have so many disorders.
Dnester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-17-2019, 02:06 PM #8
MickeyCheeky's Avatar
MickeyCheeky MickeyCheeky is offline
Wise Elder
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 9,441
MickeyCheeky MickeyCheeky is offline
Wise Elder
MickeyCheeky's Avatar
MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 9,441 (SuperPoster!)

2 yr Member
30.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Why is this happening? Very triggering

I'm glad you're going to see your therapist soon, Dnester! Yes, definitely talk to her about this and see how it goes from there. Hopefully she will be able to help you. You could learn new ways to cope with these thougths. Just be honest and share everything that you're going through. I'm so sorry, I know it's hard. Please don't give up. I hope you'll feel better soon. Remember that we're here for you if you need it. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-18-2019, 01:02 PM #9
Dnester's Avatar
Dnester Dnester is offline
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,512
Dnester Dnester is offline
Grand Poohbah
Dnester's Avatar
Dnester has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,512 (SuperPoster!)

1 yr Member
73 hugs
given
Default Re: Why is this happening? Very triggering

[QUOTE=AlwaysChanging2;6440622]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
Oh, these arent voices. They are thoughts. I do NOT hear voices. Like coming from outside myself.[/]

There can be a many reasons as to why these thoughts pop in.

Intrusive thoughts, an itty bitty committee, emotional parts, hallucinations, esp, spiritual contact, memories,....

IMHO, voices heard outside the body would be more on the hallucination side.

OSDD where emotional memory parts are speaking out. (which is what they sound like being all one sided...)

My other parts speaks in their own head voice (carry on conversations and make decisions), and being of one mind....it feels like effort for them which feels like effort for me, ergo it can be confused as my thoughts. But the voices themselves are a dead give away.

I canít say whatís with you....but whatís really freaky is looking and seeing things written that you didnít remember writing. That gets me every time. This is pretty much why I find it nerve wracking coming on here and seeing things posted on this account that Iíve no memory off posting myself.
It just makes no sense. I have these thoughts alot. Last night I had the thought I want some spaghetti Os. I dont even like spaghetti Os. The I saw some hats on fb for sale. I had the thought I really like those hats. The thing is, is that they were mens hats. I am female and I dont even wear hats. So I was like this isnt even coming from me.
Dnester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:28 PM #10
Betty_Banana's Avatar
Betty_Banana Betty_Banana is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 525
Betty_Banana Betty_Banana is offline
Veteran Member
Betty_Banana's Avatar
Betty_Banana has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 525

5 yr Member
227 hugs
given
Default Re: Why is this happening? Very triggering

Are your thoughts inside or outside of your head?
Betty_Banana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

advertisement

Psych Central Forums

Psych Central is the leading mental health website, overseen by mental health professionals since 1995.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.
Please read the full disclaimer.