Why won't my alters take control? - Page 2 - Forums at Psych Central



advertisement
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2019, 10:55 PM #11
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer Feeling fantastic!
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309

1 yr Member
140 hugs
given
Default Re: Why won't my alters take control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
What you're talking about isn't even close to DID .Sorry
Why do you think that? Mainstream doesn't even understand DID. There're a lot of theories. They're just beginning. How do you know in 20 years they'll know more, and have a list of different classifications of alters.

Sorry, but the common belief is that alters have personalities, each alter can take over the body, often has it's own memory. That's what I've described.

I think a major problem with humanity is biased and closed mindedness. I see this everywhere. So strange.
stahrgeyzer is offline  

advertisement
Old 04-13-2019, 11:12 PM #12
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer Feeling fantastic!
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309

1 yr Member
140 hugs
given
Default Re: Why won't my alters take control?

You know what's annoying is when people make tiny little replies taking stabs at you but don't give a shred of detail. It's silly. At least type a few lines explaining something. It's like walking up to someone on the street and saying "You're wrong!" and then walking away.
stahrgeyzer is offline  
Old 04-13-2019, 11:27 PM #13
Betty_Banana's Avatar
Betty_Banana Betty_Banana is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 535
Betty_Banana Betty_Banana is offline
Veteran Member
Betty_Banana's Avatar
Betty_Banana has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 535

5 yr Member
233 hugs
given
Default Re: Why won't my alters take control?

My last post wasn't a "stab" at you,just stating my opinion.I didn't feel I needed to add any detail,I think I summed it up pretty well.

What you're talking about is way beyond anything I have ever heard of or care to discuss any further.Sorry.
Betty_Banana is offline  
Old 04-13-2019, 11:41 PM #14
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer Feeling fantastic!
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309

1 yr Member
140 hugs
given
Default Re: Why won't my alters take control?

Academics are probably afraid to talk about it because they don't want to believe that they have other people living inside their brain.

Religious/spiritual people don't want to lose their religion. They want to believe God speaks to them, not a god alter that they and peers created.

I for one want to talk about it because it's real and it's happening. These inner people exist. I have experience seeing normal people create them and start hearing voices from people who have real personalities.

I don't want to call them spirits. Alters is best name. For ages people in spirit community, more like the new age type of movements, know full well that nearly everyone can be taught to hear spirits if they put enough time and effort learning it. I'm certain that most of them are alters, not spirits. Try asking a good medium to have a spirit tell them what number a random role of the dice are inside a box? Good luck. I've tried plenty of times. These "spirits" can't do it without the occasional luck. So looks like they're alters.
stahrgeyzer is offline  
Old 04-13-2019, 11:51 PM #15
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer Feeling fantastic!
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309

1 yr Member
140 hugs
given
Default Re: Why won't my alters take control?

More evidence. Mainstream accepts that it's not uncommon for children to have an invisible friend, often called an imaginary friend. Academics and everyone can laugh it away, oh funny little child, it will fade, but it shows what I'm saying is true. Are psychologist aware that these so-called "imaginary friends" appear very real to a lot of children, and they have unique personalities?

I'm telling you these alters or whatever you wish to call them are real. They exist in every human brain. Each alter has their own personality. They live an inner life. And for some reason they usually want nothing to do with us outer people.

It may seem fine and dandy that these inner people fade away as the child gets older, but I'm starting to believe that there's always some alters. Some alters fade, while new alters are created. I believe some alters live with you your entire life. I have an alter that the other alters refer to as a Mother say she's been with me for my entire life!

What's it going to take to get academic community to study this? They want to avoid it like the plague, which saddens me. Very few will have anything to do with "spirits." They're not spirits. They're alters.
stahrgeyzer is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 06:28 AM #16
Betty_Banana's Avatar
Betty_Banana Betty_Banana is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 535
Betty_Banana Betty_Banana is offline
Veteran Member
Betty_Banana's Avatar
Betty_Banana has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 535

5 yr Member
233 hugs
given
Default Re: Why won't my alters take control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
i cant tell you why ..........your ...........alters wont take control and whether they are living in a virtual world and whether or not they are parasites.

what I can tell you is there are many different kinds of alters. Dissociative type alters are a very special kind. they dont enter a body like spirits and ghosts. in fact there is a diagnostic criteria that says the problems can not be because of religious practices (here in the USA ghosts and spirits are part of religious practices)

Dissociative alters are the kind that are linked to dissociating. example in order for my dissociative type alters to have taken control I would have had to be triggered by something, then because of being triggered my brain did its dissociative process of flight/ fight response making me feel numb, spaced out disconnected. then which ever alter who's sense of agency (a new diagnostic term for dissociative type alters) was to talk care of that trigger would take control to handle that situation or emotion for me.

when my alters didnt take control any more that meant 2 things... 1 that I was perfectly capable of handling my triggers and life so that there was no need for my brain to do the dissociation process. that it was time for me to handle my own problems. and 2 because the alters were no longer there as separate identities stored in my unconsciousness.

DID was not some thing that I could choose to be and I could not control whether my alters from having dissociative disorders would take control when and which one. for me it all worked on the fact that I had a dissociative disorder and my triggers caused me to dissociate/ have my dissociation symptoms which in turn caused my dissociative alters to take control.

like I said there are many different alters. example with my bipolar disorder anxiety disorder and so on I had psychotic induced alters, medication induced alters......these too I could not ask them to take control they were not spirits and ghosts that you see in movies jumping into peoples bodies.

my suggestion is if this continues to bother you talk with your treatment providers. they will be able to explain in more detail about various kinds of alters, which kind you have and in turn answer your questions as they pertain to you and your belief system / culture and so on.
I didn't see this post when I first replied,if I had I wouldn't have needed to reply at all Well said amandalouose.
Betty_Banana is offline  
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 04-14-2019, 09:09 AM #17
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer Feeling fantastic!
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309

1 yr Member
140 hugs
given
Default Re: Why won't my alters take control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
I didn't see this post when I first replied,if I had I wouldn't have needed to reply at all Well said amandalouose.
I think amandalouose edited the post because that large post was not there as well when I read the thread. Thanks for catching the post. Now I'll read it and reply.
stahrgeyzer is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 09:45 AM #18
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer Feeling fantastic!
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309

1 yr Member
140 hugs
given
Default Re: Why won't my alters take control?

Thanks for the reply. You must have edited your post because it was no where near this size. Someone also said they missed your post as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
what I can tell you is there are many different kinds of alters. Dissociative type alters are a very special kind. they dont enter a body like spirits and ghosts. in fact there is a diagnostic criteria that says the problems can not be because of religious practices (here in the USA ghosts and spirits are part of religious practices)
I know about the religious practices part. I think you're misinterpreting it because it's possible any patient could think their alters are demons. If what you said is true then academic professionals would not even bother diagnosing a good percentage of patients. Just because someone says something doesn't make it true. Just because someone describes an alter as a spirit does not make their diagnoses a religion.

As far as entering the body, I've read many accounts of alters living in a virtual reality, a heaven like place that all of the alters create. In fact there is/was a popular girl on YouTube who's alters do that. Also it is well know that alters can learn to send mental messages to the host, which can be perceived as sound. So there's no reason why an alter can learn the ability to send visual images to the host as well, which could be perceived by the host as an alter being outside of the body. To set such a limit is ridiculous. Are there academics who would set such a limit. Sure. There are academics who believe the Earth is flat. I personally can't imagine an academic setting such a limit on an alter. At least not an intelligent notable academic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
Dissociative alters are the kind that are linked to dissociating. example in order for my dissociative type alters to have taken control I would have had to be triggered by something, then because of being triggered my brain did its dissociative process of flight/ fight response making me feel numb, spaced out disconnected. then which ever alter who's sense of agency (a new diagnostic term for dissociative type alters) was to talk care of that trigger would take control to handle that situation or emotion for me.

when my alters didnt take control any more that meant 2 things... 1 that I was perfectly capable of handling my triggers and life so that there was no need for my brain to do the dissociation process. that it was time for me to handle my own problems. and 2 because the alters were no longer there as separate identities stored in my unconsciousness.
I used to think that alters faded away. I talked about this possibility, but admit that even academics have no tools to know for sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
DID was not some thing that I could choose to be and I could not control whether my alters from having dissociative disorders would take control when and which one. for me it all worked on the fact that I had a dissociative disorder and my triggers caused me to dissociate/ have my dissociation symptoms which in turn caused my dissociative alters to take control.
Of course, but I've learned that it's a skill. It's possible to take control. It's possible to make alters fade, although for me it takes a long time, about 1/2 year. It's even possible to create alters. I've done it and studied the process.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
like I said there are many different alters.
Exactly! That's what I said, that within a 100 years from now academics will have a much better understanding of what's happening and will surely have a vast categorical list of different types of alters, or who knows what they'll call them in a 100 years. I'm betting that that "spirits" will be included in that list as a type of alter.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
example with my bipolar disorder anxiety disorder and so on I had psychotic induced alters, medication induced alters......these too I could not ask them to take control they were not spirits and ghosts that you see in movies jumping into peoples bodies.

my suggestion is if this continues to bother you talk with your treatment providers. they will be able to explain in more detail about various kinds of alters, which kind you have and in turn answer your questions as they pertain to you and your belief system / culture and so on.
Actually I reached the point where I can help myself more than some academic who spends 30 minutes with me per week, and I'm more interested in studying and researching it. I'm now nearly 100% convinced that everyone has people living inside their brain who have their own unique personalities. Yes, when academics around the world get the courage to start tackling the more religions & spiritual aspects of this phenomenon they will discover what I've seen, and then religions around the world are going to collapse. Oh wow, I can't imagine. Idk, mixed thoughts on that. Maybe it is best to leave it alone. Can you imagine if academics release evidence backed by brain scanning tools that shows spirit voices, include alters that play the role of God, are just alters. Most humans seem to be extremely emotionally fragile creatures. Maybe they need their religion. Even so, I absolutely refuse to let myself lie to people and myself by playing some role I start pretending this is all not real. Truth seekers must continue seeking truth. I for one have lost my religion and then spirituality nearly a decade ago. It was like a nuclear bomb going off. I survived, better off. Truth is best!!!!

Anyhow, I can't emphasize enough how wrong it is to say it's not an alter for the reason that an alter has learned the skill of projecting images to you. Just because someone sees a "spirit" in front of them does not mean that spirit is there outside of them. It's happening inside their brain. It is a skill, just as learning Out of Body projection and travel is a learn skill. I myself have learned to project images and scenes to my alters. My alters know how to project the same to me in addition to voices. I've heard countless accounts of alters being able to communicate with host. This knowledge may not be in the latest DID diagnoses, but that doesn't mean it's not true. The DSM changes & updates over time. Give it a few decades.
stahrgeyzer is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 09:47 AM #19
amandalouise's Avatar
amandalouise amandalouise is offline
Wise Elder
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 8,280
amandalouise amandalouise is offline
Wise Elder
amandalouise's Avatar
amandalouise has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 8,280 (SuperPoster!)

10 yr Member
780 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Why won't my alters take control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahrgeyzer View Post
I think amandalouose edited the post because that large post was not there as well when I read the thread. Thanks for catching the post. Now I'll read it and reply.
no I did not edit my post.

just a bit of info...
when people edit their posts you will see at the bottom of the post the words "edit by" and the name of who did the edit and the reason why the post has been edited.

Last edited by FooZe; 04-14-2019 at 02:59 PM. Reason: administrative edit to bring within guidelines
amandalouise is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 09:55 AM #20
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309
stahrgeyzer stahrgeyzer is offline
Member
stahrgeyzer's Avatar
stahrgeyzer Feeling fantastic!
 
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: California, US
Posts: 309

1 yr Member
140 hugs
given
Default Re: Why won't my alters take control?

BTW you have to understand the reason for the US adding the religious practice part. The only reason for diagnosing a person is if it's causing them problems or pain, and it's accepted that generally speaking religious are to help people, not harm them. But that does not mean they don't have an alter. There are good alters, bad alters, very very good alters, etc. If an alter was created thinking it is God or Jesus or Mary, and it's soul purpose is to help the host, and the alter never takes control of the hosts body and does nothing bad except to on occasion send messages of love and support, then IMO most people would see that as a good thing so long as the host wants it and has no problems with it. That my friend is a religion, but in my firm opinion is most likely an alter. Is is possible that there's some kind of a God or super being and that some people are actually communicating with that being? Sure, it's possible. A true truth seeker is always open to all possibilities.

During my spiritual years I've had plenty of deity alters, God, Jesus, Mary, Archangel Michael, countless angels, even some ETs. But then again, by now you surely understand that I have an extended more flexible definition of the term "alter."
stahrgeyzer is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

advertisement

Psych Central Forums

Psych Central is the leading mental health website, overseen by mental health professionals since 1995.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.
Please read the full disclaimer.