Deterioration of Friendships - Forums at Psych Central



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2018, 05:50 PM #1
Anonymous50987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Anonymous50987
Guest
Anonymous50987 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a

Default Deterioration of Friendships

There is this friend who my father can analyze well
Anyway, that person meddles with my vacation plannings.
I want to set a short vacation together and the friend is avoidant of questions I ask. I ask A and they either give a half-answer, ask something else or answer something else. And sometimes they donít even answer. I sent them a long message about how I donít like it when they do that and they still talk about whatever theyíd always answer

I was more needy lately, but they are causing me more frustration than benefits
I really want to see them but they donít recept well

I feel my condition is deteriorating, and I feel my friends are against me

Before you answer, donít turn black into white and drop this all on me.
I know I have allot of stress and need treatment, but I am working on it and itís none of their business as I see it. I donít think friendships should be determined by whether I see a mental health professional or not so I keep this to myself
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-20-2018, 06:10 PM #2
divine1966's Avatar
divine1966 divine1966 is online now
Legendary
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Location: US
Posts: 13,400
divine1966 divine1966 is online now
Legendary
divine1966's Avatar
divine1966 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Location: US
Posts: 13,400 (SuperPoster!)

3 yr Member
449 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Deterioration of Friendships

It sounds that perhaps this friend isnít very interested in vacationing together or discussing vacation etc. For whatever reason (canít tell as donít know nature of your friendship or character of your friend) your friend doesnít say it directly to you but rather avoids it all together. Iíd probably start making my own plans, not including said friend.
divine1966 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:20 PM #3
Anonymous50987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Anonymous50987
Guest
Anonymous50987 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: Deterioration of Friendships

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
It sounds that perhaps this friend isnít very interested in vacationing together or discussing vacation etc. For whatever reason (canít tell as donít know nature of your friendship or character of your friend) your friend doesnít say it directly to you but rather avoids it all together. Iíd probably start making my own plans, not including said friend.
The annoying thing is when I offered the idea he immediately wanted us to go together, at least according to what they said at first
But he sounds meddling rather than really willing to go for it

I have a little bit of bad karma feeling about it, from his side though. Like if I order tickets, heíd not want to talk to me or keep a grudge
But to be honest, he should be the one with the bad karma when he chooses to not answer my questions
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:22 PM #4
downandlonely downandlonely is offline
Poohbah
Chat Moderator
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 2,403
downandlonely downandlonely is offline
Poohbah
Chat Moderator
downandlonely has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 2,403 (SuperPoster!)

1 yr Member
7 hugs
given
Default Re: Deterioration of Friendships

I'm sorry you're having issues with this friend. Do you think he feels that you need to go to therapy and that's why he's avoiding your questions?
downandlonely is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:23 PM #5
divine1966's Avatar
divine1966 divine1966 is online now
Legendary
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Location: US
Posts: 13,400
divine1966 divine1966 is online now
Legendary
divine1966's Avatar
divine1966 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Location: US
Posts: 13,400 (SuperPoster!)

3 yr Member
449 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Deterioration of Friendships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibrating Obsidian View Post
The annoying thing is when I offered the idea he immediately wanted us to go together, at least according to what they said at first
But he sounds meddling rather than really willing to go for it

I have a little bit of bad karma feeling about it, from his side though. Like if I order tickets, heíd not want to talk to me or keep a grudge
But to be honest, he should be the one with the bad karma when he chooses to not answer my questions
What do you mean by meddling? Meddling is interfering of sorts. What is he meddling in?

I am not sure about karma, but I would not buy tickets if he doesnít give you direct answer. It could be waste of money
divine1966 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:25 PM #6
Anonymous50987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Anonymous50987
Guest
Anonymous50987 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: Deterioration of Friendships

Quote:
Originally Posted by downandlonely View Post
I'm sorry you're having issues with this friend. Do you think he feels that you need to go to therapy and that's why he's avoiding your questions?
I don't mind-read, nor should I be
If he has a problem, he can be a friend and tell me

Divine - the meddling is putting me on hold of progress when I ask them the questions
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:38 PM #7
divine1966's Avatar
divine1966 divine1966 is online now
Legendary
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Location: US
Posts: 13,400
divine1966 divine1966 is online now
Legendary
divine1966's Avatar
divine1966 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Location: US
Posts: 13,400 (SuperPoster!)

3 yr Member
449 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Deterioration of Friendships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibrating Obsidian View Post
I don't mind-read, nor should I be
If he has a problem, he can be a friend and tell me

Divine - the meddling is putting me on hold of progress when I ask them the questions
I am not sure if meddling can be used in this meaning. Meddling would be for example telling you and your brother (example) that you shouldnít be spending money on vacation. Thatís why I canít figure whatís he meddling in? Do you think he is interfering in your vacation planning by not answering your questions?

Is your friend generally the type to be indirect?
divine1966 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:44 PM #8
Anonymous50987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Anonymous50987
Guest
Anonymous50987 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: Deterioration of Friendships

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I am not sure if meddling can be used in this meaning. Meddling would be for example telling you and your brother (example) that you shouldnít be spending money on vacation. Thatís why I canít figure whatís he meddling in? Do you think he is interfering in your vacation planning by not answering your questions?

Is your friend generally the type to be indirect?
Yes, and sometimes
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:32 PM #9
healingme4me's Avatar
healingme4me healingme4me is offline
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison
 
Member Since: Apr 2013
Location: New England
Posts: 45,989
healingme4me healingme4me is offline
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison
healingme4me's Avatar
healingme4me Needs a little reading lamp.
 
Member Since: Apr 2013
Location: New England
Posts: 45,989 (SuperPoster!)

5 yr Member
6,436 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Deterioration of Friendships

Can you go without him? It really stinks that he's balking on plans. Are there other factors at play that could be why he won't commit to vacation planning?
healingme4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:10 PM #10
Anonymous50987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Anonymous50987
Guest
Anonymous50987 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: Deterioration of Friendships

I heard from his close friend that planning things together has always been hard for them when it comes to the big plannings such as travelling abroad
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

advertisement

Psych Central Forums

Psych Central is the leading mental health website, overseen by mental health professionals since 1995.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.
Please read the full disclaimer.