Smoking replacement - Forums at Psych Central



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2018, 08:47 AM #1
Zoe1722 Zoe1722 is offline
New Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: Denver
Posts: 2
Zoe1722 Zoe1722 is offline
New Member
Zoe1722 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: Denver
Posts: 2

Default Smoking replacement

Hi guys, I tried to quit smoking a thousand times, and always returned to cigarettes again, usually, it comes when my depression worsens. Iím thinking about some nicotine replacement, perhaps vaping. I know itís still not good for health, but I read on VapingDaily a lot of information, and believe it can become probably the first step towards my goal.
Does anybody have experience of successful quitting using vape?
Zoe1722 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 08-14-2018, 01:10 PM #2
LucyD's Avatar
LucyD LucyD is offline
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,754
LucyD LucyD is offline
Grand Poohbah
LucyD's Avatar
LucyD Summer is on the way...yech
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,754

3 yr Member
1,638 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Smoking replacement

I started vaping last Friday. Got a vape and the "vape juice." The lady at the vape shop taught me all about it. I spent a lot of money but won't have to spend a lot anymore, hopefully, unless I want to get a new Vape. I am at 3 mg. of nicotine now. I was down to 4 cigarettes a day before I quit and started vaping. I rather like it but it takes some getting used to. Not as gross tasting as the cigs. In fact they store I go to has 400 flavors. I settled on Strawberry for now.
__________________
One way to get the best out of life is to think of it as an adventure.
William Feather


Medications: Risperidone-2 mg.daily, Propranolol-10 mg. daily, Gabapentin-900 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., Women's One A Day Vitamins, 1 Potassium tablet
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 08-14-2018, 01:56 PM #3
Angelique67's Avatar
Angelique67 Angelique67 is offline
Legendary
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 19,536
Angelique67 Angelique67 is offline
Legendary
Angelique67's Avatar
Angelique67 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 19,536 (SuperPoster!)

3 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Smoking replacement

Good luck to you both! I've been vaping for about 4 years now. I can quit vaping (I had to because I was in a hospital for 2 months before I was sent here (nursing home). But I'd rather not. I enjoy it and it helped me to not put on a ton of weight after I used it to quit smoking.

There are no data on whether vaping is unhealthy in the long term. It's at least 95% less harmful than smoking.
Angelique67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 09-10-2018, 10:14 PM #4
ImperfectHuman ImperfectHuman is offline
New Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3
ImperfectHuman ImperfectHuman is offline
New Member
ImperfectHuman has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3

Default Re: Smoking replacement

I quit smoking in January 2017 with the help of vape. The plus was that i could do it inside! I didnít let myself smoke inside. The problem was that sometimes it tasted good, sometimes it tasted horrible, sometimes flavors were mixing or cotton was burning and it all felt very high maintenance to me. I spent a lot of money on juices I never used. Anyway my doc put me in wel butron not long after, and suddenly smoking and vaping became disgusting to me.

Well, it worked for about a year until my mom got sick (and eventually passed away) I had picked up a pack on the way to taking her to the Er and Iím back where I was. But when I am ready again, which will be soon, I will start with vaping again to help get me off it all. Good luck!
ImperfectHuman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 09-17-2018, 09:27 PM #5
LucyD's Avatar
LucyD LucyD is offline
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,754
LucyD LucyD is offline
Grand Poohbah
LucyD's Avatar
LucyD Summer is on the way...yech
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,754

3 yr Member
1,638 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Smoking replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique67 View Post
Good luck to you both! I've been vaping for about 4 years now. I can quit vaping (I had to because I was in a hospital for 2 months before I was sent here (nursing home). But I'd rather not. I enjoy it and it helped me to not put on a ton of weight after I used it to quit smoking.

There are no data on whether vaping is unhealthy in the long term. It's at least 95% less harmful than smoking.
Hi. Thanks. The ejuice I have says it can cause cancer, I don't know why. I bought some hemp oil instead and feel it's safer. My vape device is screwed up. I went to the web site of the mfg. and they gave me some tips to see if they work. Going to try them but not with the hemp oil since it leaks. I'm trying to lose weight, smoking cigs is disgusting. Just went through a pack and they don't do anything for me any more. Just a bad habit. Trying to get back to vaping.
__________________
One way to get the best out of life is to think of it as an adventure.
William Feather


Medications: Risperidone-2 mg.daily, Propranolol-10 mg. daily, Gabapentin-900 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., Women's One A Day Vitamins, 1 Potassium tablet
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-17-2018, 09:28 PM #6
LucyD's Avatar
LucyD LucyD is offline
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,754
LucyD LucyD is offline
Grand Poohbah
LucyD's Avatar
LucyD Summer is on the way...yech
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,754

3 yr Member
1,638 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Smoking replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperfectHuman View Post
I quit smoking in January 2017 with the help of vape. The plus was that i could do it inside! I didnít let myself smoke inside. The problem was that sometimes it tasted good, sometimes it tasted horrible, sometimes flavors were mixing or cotton was burning and it all felt very high maintenance to me. I spent a lot of money on juices I never used. Anyway my doc put me in wel butron not long after, and suddenly smoking and vaping became disgusting to me.

Well, it worked for about a year until my mom got sick (and eventually passed away) I had picked up a pack on the way to taking her to the Er and Iím back where I was. But when I am ready again, which will be soon, I will start with vaping again to help get me off it all. Good luck!
I didn't smoke inside. Actually stuck my head out the window...lol..so I don't pollute my pets. Sorry to hear about your mom.
__________________
One way to get the best out of life is to think of it as an adventure.
William Feather


Medications: Risperidone-2 mg.daily, Propranolol-10 mg. daily, Gabapentin-900 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., Women's One A Day Vitamins, 1 Potassium tablet
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:51 AM #7
Angelique67's Avatar
Angelique67 Angelique67 is offline
Legendary
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 19,536
Angelique67 Angelique67 is offline
Legendary
Angelique67's Avatar
Angelique67 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 19,536 (SuperPoster!)

3 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Smoking replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyD View Post
Hi. Thanks. The ejuice I have says it can cause cancer, I don't know why. I bought some hemp oil instead and feel it's safer. My vape device is screwed up. I went to the web site of the mfg. and they gave me some tips to see if they work. Going to try them but not with the hemp oil since it leaks. I'm trying to lose weight, smoking cigs is disgusting. Just went through a pack and they don't do anything for me any more. Just a bad habit. Trying to get back to vaping.
You can do it! Yes, smoking tastes like poison once your taste buds start working again. Maybe mention the issues you're having at a good vaping website/forum?

E-cig Forums are pretty good. I wish you the best of luck! Happy vaping!
Angelique67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:29 AM #8
LucyD's Avatar
LucyD LucyD is offline
Grand Poohbah
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,754
LucyD LucyD is offline
Grand Poohbah
LucyD's Avatar
LucyD Summer is on the way...yech
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,754

3 yr Member
1,638 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Smoking replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique67 View Post
You can do it! Yes, smoking tastes like poison once your taste buds start working again. Maybe mention the issues you're having at a good vaping website/forum?

E-cig Forums are pretty good. I wish you the best of luck! Happy vaping!
I'm going to send the vaporizer back to the mfg. I got the address. They will fix or replace it. I may try one of those vape forums. Sounds cool!
__________________
One way to get the best out of life is to think of it as an adventure.
William Feather


Medications: Risperidone-2 mg.daily, Propranolol-10 mg. daily, Gabapentin-900 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., Women's One A Day Vitamins, 1 Potassium tablet
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

advertisement

Psych Central Forums

Psych Central is the leading mental health website, overseen by mental health professionals since 1995.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.
Please read the full disclaimer.